Several days from today, the world will be celebrating Valentine’s day.
Okay, so maybe not everybody celebrates it. There are the Valentine’s Scrooges (guilty!) who think that said day was just made popular for commercial purposes — that is, to sell more chocolates, flowers, greeting cards and stuffed toys, as well as restaurants, concerts, motels and hotels. There are those who don’t celebrate simply because they have no one to spend the day with. And then there are those who are in far-flung places who have more important things to do than put a day on hold to go all gooey and mushy towards their mates…
But for the lovers, the romantics, the daydreamers, and even the neurotics, February 14 is one special day.
I know I will be insanely busy next week so I am posting my Valentine’s blog days in advance.
This is for all my cyber-cum-blog-friends… My thoughts are with you on Valentine’s day!
~ * ~
My All-Time Favorite Love Songs… and the reasons why:
1) It Might Be You by Stephen Bishop. “I’ve been saving love songs and lullabies. And there’s so much more, no one’s ever had before. Something’s telling me it might be you… Yeah it’s telling me it must be you… And I’m feeling it will just be you, all of my life.”
2) Sometime When We Touch by Dan Hill. “I wanna hold you ’til I die…’Til we both break down and cry… I wanna hold you ’til the fear in me subsides…”
3) Got to Believe in Magic by David Pomeranz. “Got to believe in magic… tell me how two people find each other, in a world that’s full of strangers…”
4) Maybe This Time by Michael Murphy. “Maybe this time, it’ll be lovin’ they’ll find… Maybe now they can be more than just friends. She’s back in his life and it feels so right… maybe this time, love won’t end…”
5) All I Need by Jack Wagner. “No stars are out tonight but we’re shining our own light, and it’s never felt so right…”
6) Simply Jesse by Rex Smith. “And I don’t know what you see, what you see in me… Girl it’s nothing to what I see in you…”
7) Upside Down by Two Minds Crack. “You’re turning me on, you turn me around, you turn my whole world upside down…”
8) Swept Away by Christopher Cross. “I’m swept away. No one in the world but you and I, gotta find a way to make you feel the way that I do… I was swept away, without a warning like night when the morning begins the day… I was swept away.”
9) My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. “Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime and never let go till we’re gone…”
10) Arms of Orion by Prince and Sheena E. “Orion’s arms are wide enough to hold us both together, although we’re worlds apart, I’ll cross the stars for you…”
11) Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love For You by George Benson. “Nothing’s gonna change my love for you, you ought to know by now how much I love you… The world may change my whole life through but nothing’s gonna change my love for you…”
12) Moon River by Andy Williams. “Two drifters off to see the world, there’s such a lot of world to see…”
12) The Way You Look Tonight* “Some day when I’m awfully low, when the world is cold, I will feel a glow just thinking of you… and the way you look tonight…”
13) All the Way by Frank Sinatra. “Who knows where the road will lead us, only a fool would say. But if you let me love you, it’s for sure I’m gonna love you all the way… all the way…”
~ * ~
So there. Pure, absolute mush. *Sigh* *Swoon* *Googly eyes*
Hope you enjoyed the sing-along. *happy sigh*
Happy Valentine’s everyone!
*** *** *** *** *** ***
*did you know that the song The Way You Look Tonight was originally sung by Fred Astaire to Ginger Rogers in the film Swing Time? It even won Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1936. Bet you didn’t know that bit of trivia. I didn’t, too. I always thought it was a Frank Sinatra original. Thank you Wikipedia!! 🙂
photos via weheartit.com